What are your rights?
Here you can find detailed information about your rights:
- Your right to object
- Your right to access your data
- Your right to erasure
- Other rights
You have legal rights to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing and objection to processing, together with a right of data portability. In addition, if you have given your consent to your data being processed, you can withdraw your consent at any time and lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Right to object
You can object at any time to your personal data being processed on the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
You have the right to object at any time to your personal data being processed on the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. This also applies to profiling on the basis of this provision. Please use our contact form to submit your objection.
If we process your data for the purposes of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to your personal data being processed for these purposes. This applies also to profiling used in connection with direct marketing of this kind. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by sending an email to email@example.com or by clicking on the link at the end of the newsletter.
Right of access
You have the right to obtain confirmation from us about whether we are processing your personal data. If this is the case, you have the right to access the personal data.
If you are a user of Viega applications, you can request the data relating to you that we have stored by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have a right to the following information:
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data that are being processed
- The recipients or categories of recipient that the personal data have been or will be disclosed to, in particular, recipients in third countries or international organisations
- Where possible, the period the personal data is likely to be stored for or, if this is not possible, the criteria used to determine the period
- The existence of the right to ask the controller to rectify or erase personal data or restrict the processing of your personal data or to object to the data being processed
- The existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- If the personal data have not been collected from you, any available information about the source of the data
- The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Art. 22 (1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in these cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the intended consequences for you of the processing of this data
If personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organisation, you as the data subject have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards (in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR) relating to the transfer.
Right to rectification
You have the right to require us to rectify immediately any inaccurate personal data relating to you. Taking into consideration the purposes of the processing, you have the right to require incomplete personal data to be completed, including by providing a supplementary statement.
Right to erasure
You have the right to require us to erase immediately personal data relating to you where one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data are no longer needed for the purposes they were collected or otherwise processed for.
- You withdraw your consent, which the processing is based on, in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) or Art. 9 (2) (a) GDPR and there is no other legal reason for processing the data.
- You object to the data being processed in accordance with Art. 21 (1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing or you object to the data being processed in accordance with Art. 21 (2) GDPR.
- The personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- The personal data have to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation under European Union law or member state law that we are subject to.
- The personal data have been collected in relation to information society services offered directly to a child in accordance with Art. 8 (1) GDPR.
After receiving your request, we are obliged to erase the corresponding data immediately. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing of the data on the basis of your consent before it was withdrawn.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data for a period which enables the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data. If the processing is unlawful and you are opposed to the erasure of the personal data and request us to restrict our use of the personal data instead, we will comply with your request. We will also restrict the processing of your personal data if we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you need them to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or if you object to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 (1) GDPR while waiting for verification on whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override your grounds. We will inform you before we lift the restriction.
Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain the personal data, which you have provided us with, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you also have the right to transfer the data to another controller without being prevented from doing so by us. The requirement is that:
a) The processing is based on consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR or Art. 9 (2) (a) GDPR or on a contract in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR and
b) The processing is carried out by automated means.
In exercising your right to data portability, you have the right to request that we transmit the personal data directly to another controller, where this is technically feasible.
Right to withdraw consent
If the processing is based on your consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of the data on the basis of your consent before it was withdrawn.
Right to object
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The supervisory authority responsible for our company is:
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
Postfach 20 04 44
Tel.: +49 (0) 211 38424-0
Fax: +49 (0)211 38424-10
If you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can approach the supervisory authority at your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. You will find further provisions concerning the complaint procedure in Art. 77 GDPR.